Will we ever know where are they?
They're Gone (Demo)
A downloadable game for Windows
They're Gone is a story driven, first person adventure/mystery game with modest puzzle aspects. You play the part of Matt, a young man returning from overseas to visit family. When you arrive there's a strange storm raging, you make your way back to the house only to realize the power is out and everyone is missing. It's up to you to find out what happened and why
The game is heavily influenced by The Vanishing of Ethan Carter and Gone Home and will focus on story telling through exploration. There will be multiple indoor and outdoor levels allowing you to play a more direct path or to look at everything. The more you explore the more you'll learn, some exploration will be necessary to advance the story.
Please note, this is a demo level meant to give a general representation of how the game will be. The demo consists of only the second level of the game inside the downstairs of the house. It's an alpha build of the level so there's placeholder art and voice-overs and much of the story and puzzles have not been added in yet. To advance the story, notes have been used instead of images, voice-overs and cut-scenes which will be added in as development continues.
Minimum System Requirements
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (64 bit only - 32 bit not supported)
- 4 GB RAM
- 2 GB available hard drive space
- 2 GHz dual core processor
- DirectX 11 graphics card (integrated graphics may or may not work)
- 1024x768 or higher screen resolution (1920x1080 recommended for best experience)
* Because this is an alpha build the system requirements are approximate and will be continually updated. If you would like to help out or just want to provide some feedback, please email your system specs and any technical problems or comments you have with the demo as well as what graphic settings were used to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Published||Mar 20, 2016|
|Author||ZK Game Studios|
|Tags||3D, Dark, Exploration, First-Person, Mystery, Singleplayer, story-driven, Unity, Walking simulator|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Links||Homepage, Facebook, Steam Greenlight|
Thanks for downloading!
To play the demo, unzip the contents of the folder to a location of your choosing and start the game using "They're Gone Demo.exe"
- Devlog Update #1020 days ago
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.
Hello, I finished a play of your game and I like how you have built the environment it is nice to see it full of random stuff and the game seems good, It ended a little sudden for me but I would love to see more, if you have not put this on gamejolt yet I think you should. Gameplay link is below: